- Over 300 Bloomfield residents and business owners took the time to complete our survey about Bloomfield’s Little Italy Days. Their responses and comments were thoughtful, practical, and manageable, and summarized below.More discussion of Little Italy Days and potential next steps will be discussed at the Bloomfield Community Forum meeting on 4/21 at 6:30 pm. See April Events to the right for more details.
- Publicize event detours three weeks before the event.
- Remove garbage from neighborhood twice daily during the event.
- Focus on Bloomfield businesses and Italian heritage or culture.
- Add more police to manage crowds, identify public drunkenness, and patrol streets adjacent to the event.
- Remove all garbage and pressure-wash sidewalks to remove grease and food stains immediately after the event closes.
Unfortunately, according to the event’s producer, a “responses of only 309, some of them being visitors is insufficient to determine a course of action.” We strongly disagree.