On January 1st the Port Authority implemented a few changes to its fare and boarding policy. Riders that use cash will now pay $2.75, but if you use a ConnectCard the price is still $2.50. BDC has ConnectCards available for free and ShurSave IGA has them for purchase. Feel free to reach out to [email protected] to pick up a free ConnectCard.
Below are the changes:
- The Port Authority raised prices for the bus fare if you are paying in cash to $2.75, but if you use a ConnectCard the fare stays at $2.50.
- There is now only one zone if you use a ConnectCard so the price stays at $2.50 throughout the system.
- Port Authority has gotten rid of paper transfers. You can still get a $1 transfer if you use a ConnectCard that is automatically used if you catch a bus within the transfer time. If you pay cash, you need to pay the full fare every time you get on a bus.
- Riders must enter through the front door and pay when they get on the bus. Also riders will exit from the rear exit unless they ride a wheelchair, need the bus lowered or need to grab a bike.
- All persons with disabilities need a Reduced Fare ConnectCard to ride for half fare. Medicare ID cards are no longer accepted on vehicles.
More details are available by calling Port Authority Customer Service at 412-442-2000 or 412-231-7007 for TTY or by accessing our Fare Policy FAQs.